Today’s conversation is with Shar Stephenson, who lost her husband in December, 2020. She is the mom of 3 grown sons. Shar co-facilitates a grief support group in her community, is the co-founder of Blooming Bean Coffee Roasters and the non-profit Bud & Bloom, which supports local organizations helping underserved communities.
In this episode we'll discuss:
- How memories live inside things.
- How to ask yourself questions to help know how and when to release belongings.
- A healthy perspective on “getting rid” of things.
- How to effectively communicate with family about belongings.
- Why it is normal to feel sad, angry or guilty over things.
Mentions: 5 Tips for Dealing With a Deceased’s Belongings https://alicaforneret.com/blog/sorting-through-deceased-belongings
Check out our sponsors:
- Blooming Bean Coffee Roasters: Roasting coffee since 2014. With every sip you can help support at-risk teens and people who have experienced loss. We ship to your door. www.bloomingbeancoffee.com
- Bud & Bloom is a non-profit foundation that supports local organizations that are doing "The Work" to impact underserved communities that provide healthy tools, support groups, educational and work-based resources that are changing communities for the better. www.budandbloom.org
- PureLightHealth.com - offering holistic solutions to help you heal and thrive since 1999. Pick up your copy of the HEAL book today at www.purelighthealth.com
Find us at: www.Thisbeautifulugly.com
Follow our co-hosts:
Instagram: Shar Stephenson & Dr. Deb Harrell
Facebook: Shar Stephenson & Dr. Deb Harrell
- Blooming Bean Coffee Roasters: Use Promo cdoe TBU for 15% Discount.
- PureLightHealth.com - offering holistic solutions to help you heal and thrive since 1999.
- Superieur Electrolytes - Use Code: TBU - FREE SHIPPING - holistic-focused real sources with zero sugar, dyes or weird ingredients. Superieur Electrolytes help keep you hydrated, give you better immunity, more energy, and less muscle aches and cramps.