This Beautiful Ugly - Still here. Now what?
3. When Memories Live Inside "Things"
March 22, 2022
Sharon Stephenson and Dr. Deb Harrell
Today’s conversation is with Shar Stephenson, who lost her husband in December, 2020. She is the mom of 3 grown sons. Shar co-facilitates a grief support group in her community, is the co-founder of Blooming Bean Coffee Roasters and the non-profit Bud & Bloom, which supports local organizations helping underserved communities.
In this episode we'll discuss:
- How memories live inside things.
- How to ask yourself questions to help know how and when to release belongings.
- A healthy perspective on “getting rid” of things.
- How to effectively communicate with family about belongings.
- Why it is normal to feel sad, angry or guilty over things.
Mentions: 5 Tips for Dealing With a Deceased’s Belongings https://alicaforneret.com/blog/sorting-through-deceased-belongings
Check out our sponsors:
Blooming Bean Coffee Roasters: Roasting coffee since 2014. With every sip you can help support at-risk teens and people who have experienced loss. We ship to your door. www.bloomingbeancoffee.com
Bud & Bloom is a non-profit foundation that supports local organizations that are doing "The Work" to impact underserved communities that provide healthy tools, support groups, educational and work-based resources that are changing communities for the better. www.budandbloom.org
PureLightHealth.com - offering holistic solutions to help you heal and thrive since 1999. Pick up your copy of the HEAL book today at www.purelighthealth.com